Commitment to Quality
The commitment to Quality at the Countess of Chester Fertility
& Assisted Conception Unit
The Fertility Unit Vision:
Our vision is to provide in an open and honest and friendly
environment, the highest standards of individualised care to help
all patients realise their dream to have a child, or to come to
terms with their childlessness.
The Fertility Unit Mission Statement:
"The Fertility Unit will
consistently aim to provide an individualised package of care for
all couples referred to the Unit. The intention of the Unit and all
the members of the healthcare team, is to ensure that all patients
and clients receive safe and effective care in an environment which
nurtures and supports them through their journey. We will aim to
listen and learn from our patients and clients at every opportunity
to consistently strive to ensure our service is patient centred and
of the highest quality"
The Goal of every service and practice is to achieve a high
level of professionalism and quality which can be maintained in a
continuous structured way. This is specifically true when related
to health care provision and is one of the most important values
and accomplishments required by our own professional self
regulation, our clients /patients and society itself. The provision
of a quality service therefore not only enhances the client /
patient experience but also allows for the development of
knowledge, exact methods, experience and innovation in diagnosis
and treatment. To this end the Countess of Chester Fertility and
Assisted Conception Unit management team have implemented a Quality
management System supported by the ISO 9001:2000 external
assessment process. The following information is taken from the
units Quality Manual and represents the underpinning ethos of the
quality management system.
Quality Policy and Mission Statement
The mission statement and Quality Policy were developed by the
Quality Team and will be reviewed annually at the business planning
away event to ensure it continues to:
- be appropriate to the purpose of the Fertility Unit
- include a commitment to comply with requirements and to improve
the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
- provide a framework for establishing and reviewing quality
- be communicated and understood within the Fertility Unit
- be suitable.
For communication and dissemination please see the internal
communication section. A copy of the Quality Policy is displayed in
the patient areas and is available through the website for
The Fertility Unit Quality Policy:
- Work to ensure that the service we deliver to our users is in
line with their expectations.
- Strive to ensure that we maintain the highest possible
standards of health, safety and welfare for our staff, patients,
visitors and stored material under our care.
- Work to remain up-to-date on recent technical, legal, ethical
and managerial changes which impinge upon the services we
- Monitor the effectiveness of our working practices, procedures
and systems to ensure continual improvement of our quality
- Work to meet the requirements of all relevant legislation
including that of the EUTCD 2004/23/EC, the HF&E Act 1990 and
the HFEA standards for assisted conception.
- Continually work to ensure that the standards of the HFEA and
ISO 9001:2000 are implemented, monitored and reviewed. Where
failures are identified these will be rectified in line with policy
- Ensure that our quality standards are implemented, monitored
and reviewed in order to continually improve our service.
- Always welcome suggestions from staff, patients and relevant