Support for parents
We, as the neonatal team, are here to help guide and support you. A senior member of the nursing staff (Shift Leader) is available 24 hours a day. Should you wish to speak to a doctor or your baby's paediatric consultant we will arrange for you to do so. Our Neonatal Manager or Deputy Manager are available to discuss any issues of concern or receive your comments or suggestions.
If you have any special needs or requirements please don't hesitate to ask the member of staff looking after your baby.
Further Support available:
- The Family and Baby Support Advisor visits the Neonatal Unit weekly. You will be given a leaflet with more details.(see below for electronic copy)
- The hospital Chaplain visits the Neonatal Unit regularly.
- We are able to contact spiritual leaders of other faiths.
- A Hospital Counsellor is available to talk to parents and relatives.
- An interpreter service is available.
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is available within the hospital.
- BLISS (Premature and Sick Newborn Baby Charity) Support.
Some useful websites to provide further information and support:
Please click the following link to view the Family and Baby Support Service information leaflet
Family and Baby Support Service information leaflet (547kb)
Should you wish details of any of the above please ask the member of staff looking after your baby.