Stay Well This Winter
The Countess of Chester is committed to supporting the people of West Cheshire and North Wales to Stay Well This Winter.
Winter can be seriously bad for people’s health, increasing the risk of high blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes.
But there are a number of things we can all do to prepare for the cold weather:
- At the first sign of a cough or cold, get immediate advice from your pharmacist.
- Speak to your pharmacist about medicines you should have in stock over winter.
- Pick up prescription medications before the Christmas holidays start.
- Keep warm in winter. Heat your home to at least 18°C (65°F), if you can. You might prefer your living room to be slightly warmer.
- Make sure you get your flu jab.
- If you need help over the holiday period, call NHS 111.
The Stay Well This Winter campaign can help you and your family prepare for winter. Visit nhs.uk/staywell to find out more.
Finding local services
Not sure where your nearest pharmacy, dentist or GP practice is? Find out now via the NHS Choices service directory: www.nhs.uk/service-search