Become a Member
A simple, practical and rewarding way for you to say ‘thank you’ to your local hospital – and it’s free.
Members are actively encouraged to contribute views, suggestions and ideas about how the Countess of Chester Hospital delivers your healthcare now and in the future.
Don’t leave it to others. Make your voice heard in the decision-making process and have the satisfaction of knowing you are helping to shape the future of your hospital.
Here’s what you can expect as a member:
- The genuine gratitude of everyone at the hospital for getting involved and sharing your views
- Free copies of our newsletter ‘Countess Matters’ via email or post, keeping you in touch with what’s happening at the hospital
- Invitations to take part in surveys and discussions about our services. Tell us what matters to you
- The opportunity to vote in elections for Governors from your area – or even to stand yourself
- A seat at our Annual Members’ meetings where you can mingle with staff and Governors and hear first-hand about the Trust's ongoing work and plans that affect your community
- An open invitation to send questions and suggestions at any time to the trust and contact the governor for your area
Becoming a member couldn’t be easier. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application form.
What is a member?
Trust members are local patients, carers and staff who want to be involved beyond knowing the hospital is there, should they ever need its services.
If you live in the area and are aged 16 and over you can become a member. Staff become members when they work for the Trust.
Becoming a member does not affect your hospital treatment.
Members belong to one of three Constituencies:
- Partnership organisations
We are keen to encourage people who are not members to join so we can obtain the views of the wider community and reflect the needs of the local community, patients and staff.
What do our members do?
It’s up to individual members how much they wish to get involved in shaping the hospital’s future. Everyone is welcome, no matter how active, and all members receive regular newsletters and updates about new developments.
How to become a member
If you, your family, friends or colleagues are interested in becoming a member, please contact the membership office (details below) for an application form.
Executive Office, Countess of Chester Hospital, Liverpool Road, Chester, CH2 1UL
Phone: 01244 364706
(office hours 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday; answering machine outside these hours)
As part of the NHS membership application process, you will be asked to supply your personal data, with any data that you supply being used only to contact you about the Trust’s Membership or other related issues and will be processed for these purposes only.
Please click here to see how we process the information of our members