Update for Monday 19 July
There will be no changes to the infection prevention and control measures at our hospitals on Monday 19 July. Help us protect our vulnerable patients by ensuring you wash your hands, wear a face mask and maintain social distancing. Keep everyone safe: hands, face, space.
Our visiting arrangements will remain unchanged from Monday 19 July.
Read more about NHS arrangements for attending or visiting hospitals here.
Visiting arrangements at our Trust
Visiting is available on inpatient wards at the Countess of Chester Hospital and Ellesmere Port Hospital but must be booked in advance.
Separate arrangements are in place for the following areas: Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Acute Medical Unit, Respiratory Support Unit, Ellesmere Port Hospital and Women’s and Children’s services. If you’d like to discuss arrangements for these areas, please contact them directly via the hospital’s switchboard on 01244 365000.
It is vital that we continue to meet our enhanced infection prevention and control standards to ensure we protect our patients, visitors and staff. There are guidelines visitors must follow:
- Each patient can have up to two nominated visitors, but only one visitor can attend at a time.
- Visits to inpatient wards must be booked ahead of time.
- Booked visits will be for half an hour. Please note that due to the number of visiting slots we are facilitating, it is not possible to extend timeslots beyond the designated end time due to late arrivals. If a patient is off the ward at the time of the scheduled visit for an investigation, another visiting slot will need to be booked.
- Please do not arrive at the ward more than five minutes before your allocated visiting time.
- Visitors must wash hands before entering a ward area.
- Visitors will be provided with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and will be asked to maintain social distancing during their visit.
- Updates from nursing or medical teams cannot be provided during visits. Although we recognise this may be disappointing, our Family Support Team and the ward teams remain on hand to provide these at other times.
Visitors should not visit if they:
- are displaying symptoms of COVID-19.
- have had contact with anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 10 days.
- have been contacted by NHS track and trace within the last 10 days.
- are required to self-isolate following foreign travel.
Any visitors not adhering to the guidance will be asked to leave the ward.
To book your visit appointment
Call 01244 363942 or 01244 363944 between 8am and 2pm on the day of a planned visit.
There is significant demand for the booking line so please bear with us. We will answer calls as quickly as we can, but you may need to try more than once to get through.