Please note: If you are currently on a course at college or university and need to have work experience or a work placement as part of your course then this is classified as a work placement and NOT voluntary work - please refer to our section on work experience and work placements.
Volunteering is a long term commitment with a minimum undertaking of 12 months. We ask for a minimum of 3 hours once a week to as much as you feel able to give. Expenses will be paid where appropriate and car parking is free for volunteers.
There are many reasons people give for wanting to volunteer:
- To meet new people and make new friends
- To improve your CV
- To contribute to the community
- To gain confidence in a different environment
- To broaden your horizons
- To make better use of spare time
- To learn new skills or experience in a health care setting
- To seek out exciting new challenges
In order to become a volunteer at The Countess of Chester you will need to attend an information event first, these are mandatory and those who still wish to apply will be sent application forms.
For further information on volunteering contact: firstname.lastname@example.org