The Finance Department exists to provide financial control to the Organisation and to oversee and account for all the expenditure during the financial year, as well as safeguarding income through the contracts with its commissioners. The department comprises:
• Financial Services Team, responsible for ensuring suppliers are paid, monies owed to the Trust are recovered, maintaining systems, procedures and controls for finance. Financial Services also includes external reporting requirements such as reporting to Monitor, the Trusts statutory annual accounts, liaison with internal and external auditors and the completion of the Annual charitable funds accounts.
• The Financial Management & Contracting Team which covers all activities concerned with the use of resources and that have a financial impact. It is an essential part of the overall performance management arrangements of the Trust and deals with both Revenue and Capital Budgets. The structure within Financial Management provides a clear framework for financial control by ensuring that all of the directorates within the Trust have access to a dedicated financial management team.
• The Cashiers Team - the cash office is located close to the main entrance of the hospital and is a key point of contact for patients, visitors and staff. The cash office provides the following services:
• Payment of patients travel expenses to people on benefit
• Collect & receipt car park monies
• Receipt C.P.N.
• Forward insurance claim documents to Legal services
• Collect & receipt phones and vendors monies
• Receipt of monies directly from patients, visitors and staff
• Receipt of charitable donations from patients, visitors and staff
• Petty cash reimbursements
• Issue of car park passes to staff/patients/visitors
• Forward to payroll starters and leavers for parking scheme
• Lost property (valuable only)
• Patients property
• Eye care vouchers
• Sale of breast pumps
• Sale of ear moulds
• Issuing of Fit To Work Notes
Opening hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and until 4.30pm on a Friday.